Mission & Belief Statement
Mission and belief statement of the district
The mission of USD #459 is to create successful educational experiences and develop responsible learners.
To accomplish our mission, we will strive to provide:
- Quality, professional staff
- Effective class sizes
- Time to teach
As an educational enterprise focused on student learning, the Bucklin School District believes in these principles:
- A strong public education system is vital to our community
- A strong school community values differences in people and in ideas
- The family is the primary influence on a child
- Education is a collaborative effort between the home and school, benefiting from the participation and involvement of our community
- A safe and comfortable environment is essential to learning
- Accurate and timely communication is essential
- High academic standards for students require continuous educational improvement from each member of our community
- All individuals are respected, empowered decision-makers who are responsible and accountable
- Schools should be fiscally responsible and accountable to the public
- Visionary leaders seek to anticipate, understand and exceed community needs and expectations
- Growth and change are the hallmarks of a dynamic organization
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The board shall annually establish and review a set of long-range goals and objectives to guide the operations of the district. All personnel in the district shall direct their efforts toward achieving the goals and objectives of the board in order to insure that students are able to function effectively in their environment, employment, and continuing educational efforts.
The board shall participate in long-range planning through an annual meeting with the superintendent and designated staff to review progress on the implementation of priorities, initiatives, and long-range plans. The board also shall consider and act upon objectives and major activities proposed by the superintendent to achieve long-range goals.
The superintendent shall develop necessary procedures, forms, or other measures to implement this policy.
The superintendent shall provide opportunities for interested patrons to become knowledgeable about the district long-range planning process, and to review and to make recommendations concerning specific district long-range plans.
The superintendent shall give the board periodic reports.